Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Our promo code "RFShooters" will drop the price of all Topaz Labs software products such as DeNoise AI and Sharpen AI by 15%.

The code needs to be entered at the checkout.

Affiliate Link: https://topazlabs.com/ref/424/?campaign=rfshooters
Promo code: RFShooters (for 15% off)

This offer also works when Topaz are running their own promotions. So if they are running a 20% off promotion you'll still get an additional 15% off when you apply our code.

I mainly use DeNoise myself but only for images that really need it, a little noise doesn't normally worry me too much. I'll post some before and after photos when I get the chance.

It would be great to hear your own thoughts on the Topaz Labs products.

I love Topaz Sharpen and gigapixel, and use them quite often. However, I am still on the fence about whether Topaz Denoise Ai or DxO Deep Prime is better. They are both better than the ON1 denoiser.
ps: I am a big cropper and high ISO user for BIF.

Off topic, but the Fred Miranda bunch are finding that the new FW update (1.5.1) not only has eliminated freeze issue, but has improved the animal eye tracking. (made it snappier). I am updating mine today so will report.

I have de-noise and it's OK, sharpen didn't impress so I didn't buy after the trial. Someone I was talking to said I shopped try again as it's much improved...I might give it a try.
Thanks for the discount link too!

That's great about the discount link. I find denoise and sharpen to be of great help. And with little song birds gigapixel is a good investment as well.

Off topic, but the Fred Miranda bunch are finding that the new FW update (1.5.1) not only has eliminated freeze issue, but has improved the animal eye tracking. (made it snappier). I am updating mine today so will report.
Great news - going to check it out and update mine now.

Our promo code "RFShooters" will drop the price of all Topaz Labs software products such as DeNoise AI and Sharpen AI by 15%.

The code needs to be entered at the checkout.

Affiliate Link: https://topazlabs.com/ref/424/?campaign=rfshooters
Promo code: RFShooters (for 15% off)

This offer also works when Topaz are running their own promotions. So if they are running a 20% off promotion you'll still get an additional 15% off when you apply our code.

I mainly use DeNoise myself but only for images that really need it, a little noise doesn't normally worry me too much. I'll post some before and after photos when I get the chance.

It would be great to hear your own thoughts on the Topaz Labs products.
I'm currently have a trial of Topaz Sharpen on the go and have found it to be quite impressive. Had excellent results with some flowers which I thought were sharp. Think I will buy and use the code when I do. Not needing Denoise as have DxO Pure Raw.

Can you share the images before and after Ken?
Before and after Topaz Sharpen AI. The Topaz has a watermark on it as it's a trial version. I'm still in a learning curve with it at the moment as only had a couplew of days.

Attachments

• KR5_0812.jpg
    KR5_0812.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 69
  • KR5_0812-SharpenAI-Standard.jpeg
    KR5_0812-SharpenAI-Standard.jpeg
    620.9 KB · Views: 71
There's a marked difference Ken. Topaz definitely better but I presume the other one hasn't been edited at all?
I hope you don't mind but I wanted to compare with Photoshop too so simply sharpened your original image. I think the Photoshop one is again better but on a par with Topaz.
I was considering wether to but the Topaz one but as I already subscribe to Adobe on a monthly basis to do all my preocessing I don't see a benefit for paying more for Topaz. If I didn't then I would pay the one off fee for Topaz.
Thanks for sharing your images.
KR5_0812.jpeg
KR5_0812 PS.jpg

Dave, I've gone into LR and did an edit from the raw file.

Attachments

• KR5_Wisley_LR_Edit_2.jpg
    KR5_Wisley_LR_Edit_2.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 62

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back