Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Really not much into "super editing" just cleanups for me.
No huge changes just shadows highlights a bit of ugly removal in equine scenes not much more

But got sent this last night Affinity has 6 month free trial , no card info or anything.

Apparently photoshop alternative but only half as good but no help from me never used photoshop so i cant comment.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/tr...Nw6iZG78imgdtGL2R8_aem_9ZrS-Z9fFg2ZQtUvXx357g

Also difficult to use so cut me out KISS priciple always for my ageing brain and body

Downhill now 60.....stuff i used to do on farm easy 10 yrs ago sore muscles nowadays for same job wish i could be spritely like all the young bucks on here

I like KISS so much that I use Irfanview for most of my editing needs.
I have Dxo but try to stay away as much as possible.

I like KISS so much that I use Irfanview for most of my editing needs.
I have Dxo but try to stay away as much as possible.
DXO myself

I use Affinity Photo 2 for most of my editing which I try and keep to a minimum. It’s very capable in many respects - reviews suggest that it is a good alternative to Photoshop for 90%+ of users (it can handle PSD files). I moved away from Photoshop when it moved to its subscription model, although I think v5.5 is still on my computer.

As well as the 6 month trial posted by Photofarmer above, Affinity is currently 50% off until 15 August for Photo 2 and also a universal licence for the Affinity suite (Photo, Designer & Publisher) across macOS, Windows and iPadOS platforms.

I use Affinity. Like it says it is pretty much a PS replacement and can do almost all of the same for way less money. I guess if you are already a Photoshop expert the differences in process might be enough to not make you want to change.
What is KISS?

I use Affinity. Like it says it is pretty much a PS replacement and can do almost all of the same for way less money. I guess if you are already a Photoshop expert the differences in process might be enough to not make you want to change.
What is KISS?
"Keep It Simple, Stupid"

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back