Canon R7 Bracket for R7?

woolno

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
David F Woolnough
Now that I have my GPS mounted on my R7, I would like to mount my flash unit on a bracket/handle so that I can use both together.
However, I see no listings of suitable brackets for the R7. Is one coming? Or what do I use instead?

An amazon search for "canon r7 cage" returns multiple results.

Yes, I have noticed an absence of brackets. I'm interested in an L bracket for easy switches between horizontal and vertical shots. Two manufacturers that I have purchased from (Really Right Stuff and Pro Media Gear) do not have one yet for the R7. Guess they are in the design and manufacturing process.

I like the L brackets from Kirk Photo. They are ArcaSwiss compatible like RRS and much less expensive. However, a quick look on their site https://kirkphoto.com/camera-mounting/canon.html doesn't show anything yet for the R7 (or the R10)

Since I had a few of them lying around, I've opted to attach a Peak Design Capture Clip plate to the left side of the Smallrig cage on my R7, as well as one underneath. This way I can easily attach the camera in both horizontal and vertical position on my tripod.

I had an L-bracket for my M50, but I would advice to get one with the left bracket side scooted a bit forward, otherwise it will easily block the ports on the left side. I also had issues with the flip-out screen on the M50, if I flipped it out to the left, I could not turn it up or down, as the L-bracket was then flush against the back of the screen and blocked turning it.

The cage system works much better for me, but then you need a few extra bits.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back