Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Any of you guys send camera in for a check over service every 3 years or so?

Depending on shutter count and conditions used in i guess.

My local store in big smoke where i get 90% of my gear offers the service. Clean check commonly wearing parts etc etc $100 per camera if nothing really wrong.

Had a go at cleaning sensor once not that hard ,but im ham fisted and have sausage fingers lack the gentle touch.

Leave it to experts

Must admit I haven't had a need for a sensor clean since owning the 1DX. I have had two new DSLRs and two mirrorless bodies since and I find the in camera sensor clean very efficient and I'm someone who happily changes lenses while out in the field without worrying too much. Likewise if it ain't bust no need to fix it is my attitude.
On a separate note, it's amazing how shutter count seems to devalue the camera body by unjustifyingly large amounts. Replacing the shutter mechanism is fairly inexpensive.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I never send my gear in for service unless there is something wrong with it.

Going on holiday first since 2016 in april 25 wondering if i should give cameras a once over

You guessed it "tornado alley"

I’m also a member of the “If it ain't broke, don't fix it” club.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back