Followers
Following
Name
Mike Zulich
City/State
White Plains, NY
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I have a question about attaching the camera strap to an R class camera. As a former Nikon shooter, I'm accustomed to the camera's lugs with split rings making it easy to attach any kind of camera strap to the camera. Consequently, I find the Canon strap mount a little difficult to deal with. I like and use the Peak Design system, but wonder if the anchor links may wear more quickly on the strap mount since the edges are somewhat pronounced. Anyone have any experience with Peak anchor wear or alternate solutions to attaching a strap?

I use the Peak Design Slide and hand clutch. The anchors are really tough, plus they have a core inside that shows if the anchor starts to wear through. They send you extras, and you can purchase more as well. I've been using mine heavily and the anchors have shown no signs of wear so far.

You can always attach the split rings to the camera, you get some with the PD products. I use one on the top of the clutch.

Thanks for the feedback. I was concerned about the possible abrasive effects of the strap mount - apparently unfounded - and completely forgot about the internal core indicator of the PD anchors. Thanks again.

For about a decade I've been using a pair of snaphooks at the end of my straps that attach to split ring (ie. small key ring) that's attached to the camera bodies. Great, solid quick-release functionality that's never failed at a budget price.

I haven’t used the Canon original strap for anything of my cameras - they are all still in their original plastic. Some time ago I went for a shoulder strap

BLACKRAPID SPORT BREATHE ORIGINAL CAMERA SLING DESIGN​

just always found it easier to use and walk with. There is a way to have both my tripod mount and this screw on fastener connected at the same time but its a little tight for my liking, so if i want to use a tripod i take the base off altogether.

Having the shoulder strap with the arm strap means i can easily walk about with pretty much any lens - saving the back back for the odd other one i carry with me depending on what i went out to shoot

I am a big fan of PD and have never experienced any issues with the system. Strong and durable and no wear at all.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back