Followers
Following
Name
Dean M
City/State
Manchester UK
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Having re-downloaded the Canon app onto iPhone, I had to ask myself why Canon can’t produce simple software and improve this app.
The camera software and UI is so smooth and always works, so why not get the same software team to write software for the app?
I also shoot with an Insta 360 X3 and the software simply puts Canon and everyone else to shame.
Come on Canon, you can do better.
Anyone have any ideas to improve this awful application and make it work every time you try to connect?
I tried Bluetooth, WiFi and both together. My connection is solid and all devices fully charged.

I have to agree, the app doesn't work half the time I try it and I often have a horrible time just getting it to connect.

i've pretty much given up on the camera control part of the app. Why bother? And I agree that Canon can, and should, do much better.

I use Canon Connect App with my R6Mk2 and iPad 9 / iPhone 12 Pro Max, and while the app can be slow, especially when using it in live view mode to take pictures, for wirelessly transferring photos it works well. I am able to quickly transfer a photo to my iPad or iPhone, quickly edit it in Lightroom and push it to socials or iMessage. I find it adequate. I think if I dug deeper I could probably use Lightroom to transfer photos.

Do you connect with WiFi or with a cable? One thing to remember is that D models and older R models can't connect by cable. Those have to connect first with BT (which seems to be pretty reliable) and then form a WiFi connection for the actual image transfer which is the real PITA.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back