Canon instant rebates?

Andrewdjacobson

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Andrew
I’ve been wanting the 100 macro and a few others, but a new glass is not really in the budget this year. With Canon offering a $400 instant rebate this is really hard to turn down.

Im wondering if anyone thinks this is because of all the only fair reviews on this lens mostly due to the SA gimmick thing. Do you think they are planning an updated version of this without the gimmick?

I’m probably going to pull the trigger on this before the rebate disappears and I’ll figure out how to pay for it later. I would totally wait and pay a little extra if Canon was dropping the extra dial.

any thoughts/rumors appreciated

Camera companies often offer these this time of year to encourage holiday shoppers. I wouldn't read much more into it than that.

As for the SA option on the 100mm? No need for an update, just lock it at 0 and never touch it.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back