Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ken Alexander
City/State
Camberley
Read on Digital Camera World Web today that Canon is to increase 60+ Canon cameras & lenses due to production costs on November 4th. This will include 19 camera bodies and 42 lenses, as well as binoculars, compact cameras and professional video cameras. This will include the entire R range of cameras, over 40 EF and RF lenses. Lucky I've just ordered the RF 100-500 and RF 1.4 extender coming on Tuesday. Both of which had a good discount.

Ouch! Glad you got your order for the 100-500 in Ken. I wonder if we will see this go over £3000? That would be bonkers!

With inflation up all around the world, it's not surprising that Canon is raising prices - sad, but not entirely unexpected. Too bad for all of as prices climb.

Canon Japan is already making more money due to the dollar/yen relationship. The dollar is way up.

I've just picked up the RF100-400 f5.6-8 IS USM

I traded in my old EF-S 55-250 IS (got £84 for that) then got a price match to cheaper store (saved another £40 for that) and there was a £200 trade-in bonus included.

Original cost £699 GBP but in the end I paid just £375 GBP

That's a decent bargain.

Just need to have a play with it now.

Paul.

Read on Digital Camera World Web today that Canon is to increase 60+ Canon cameras & lenses due to production costs on November 4th. This will include 19 camera bodies and 42 lenses, as well as binoculars, compact cameras and professional video cameras. This will include the entire R range of cameras, over 40 EF and RF lenses. Lucky I've just ordered the RF 100-500 and RF 1.4 extender coming on Tuesday. Both of which had a good discount.
With the limited availability of the R3, which is what I am looking to get in the near future, does anyone know if the price would be honored before in the increased as long as you have an order in even if it’s back ordered?

Thanks!!
Steve

I've just picked up the RF100-400 f5.6-8 IS USM

I traded in my old EF-S 55-250 IS (got £84 for that) then got a price match to cheaper store (saved another £40 for that) and there was a £200 trade-in bonus included.

Original cost £699 GBP but in the end I paid just £375 GBP

That's a decent bargain.

Just need to have a play with it now.

Paul.
Traded in my EF 100-400L for the RF100-500 with the trade in £200 bonus plus there was 10% off.

Yes the 10% was included in the 55-250 price, but no matter what it was a decent deal.

Is the L lens too heavy for the camera? Is that why you traded it in? The IQ would surely be greater over the RF lens?

Paul.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back