Canon R5 Canon R5: deleting Images in Camera

Misgav

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
misgav
Hi
So i have a canon R5 and when i try to delete pictures in the camera i get a message saying "sending"
it does not look like a buffer issue as it does not go away in a few minutes....
I can solve it by formatting the card but the issue is coming back
Has anyone had this issue before?

So when you format the card it works correctly and allows you to delete images in-camera? But after a while it gives you the message "sending" again? That's quite odd, I've not heard of such an issue before. Sounds like it's possibly memory card related if it works for a while after formatting the card, have you tried using a different card? Personally I rarely delete images off the card in camera as it can scramble the FAT table (file allocation table) causing wear and tear and possible corruption according to Canon. Plus you might accidentally delete a keeper.

I'm guessing the fact that you can reformat it means it's not write protected but have you tried that?

As Tim mentioned, I've read about potential card damage from deleting images in camera so I've avoid it since switching.

I am wondering if it says sending do you have the wifi feature enabled and it is trying to connect to a server? That wouldn't explain why it works for a while after the card is formatted though. Another question- does it happen in both card slots or just one?

I am wondering if it says sending do you have the wifi feature enabled and it is trying to connect to a server? That wouldn't explain why it works for a while after the card is formatted though. Another question- does it happen in both card slots or just one?
I'm working only with one SD card...
About the wifi it's exactly what I have been wondering.... I have put the camera on airplane mode to see if it's making any difference

I'm working only with one SD card...
About the wifi it's exactly what I have been wondering.... I have put the camera on airplane mode to see if it's making any difference
I always keep the camera in airplane mode unless I specifically want to transfer images. It chews through batteries otherwise. It would be interesting to see if the same thing happens with a different SD card (or a CF Express card)

I always keep the camera in airplane mode unless I specifically want to transfer images. It chews through batteries otherwise. It would be interesting to see if the same thing happens with a different SD card (or a CF Express card)
Very wise advice re airplane mode

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back