Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Canon firmware update 1.6.0 is now available for the R6.

Firmware Version 1.6.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
  1. Adds the ability to convert multiple HEIF images into multiple JPEG images.
  2. Enhances the performance of “Movie Digital IS”. It stabilizes the image when taking selfies or walking shots using a wide-angle lens.
  3. Fixes minor issues.
Firmware Version 1.6.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.5.2, if the camera's firmware is already Version 1.6.0, then it is not necessary to update the firmware.

The firmware can be downloaded from Canon's Support Sites. US / Europe

• Admin
Just checked the Europe link - still seems to be only v1.5.2. US is v1.6.0.
Sorry, they do appear to be a little slow in Europe! It's not on the UK site either. Hopefully that's sorted before today is out.

Canon firmware update 1.6.0 is now available for the R6.

Firmware Version 1.6.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
  1. Adds the ability to convert multiple HEIF images into multiple JPEG images.
  2. Enhances the performance of “Movie Digital IS”. It stabilizes the image when taking selfies or walking shots using a wide-angle lens.
  3. Fixes minor issues.
Firmware Version 1.6.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.5.2, if the camera's firmware is already Version 1.6.0, then it is not necessary to update the firmware.

The firmware can be downloaded from Canon's Support Sites. US / Europe
I tried to install following procedures, formatted card in-camera, camera in "P" setting, firmware installed in the root directory. But message says that memory card containing firmware is required to update. I've successfully updated this camera several times but this is a fail.

• Admin
I tried to install following procedures, formatted card in-camera, camera in "P" setting, firmware installed in the root directory. But message says that memory card containing firmware is required to update. I've successfully updated this camera several times but this is a fail.
Sounds like it's not either not recognising the memory card or the update file. Have you tried with another card? Also did the file unzip correctly? You might also want to try downloading and unzipping it again.

Sounds like it's not either not recognising the memory card or the update file. Have you tried with another card? Also did the file unzip correctly? You might also want to try downloading and unzipping it again.
brand new formatted in-camera SanDisk Extreme Pro 170, file was unzipped. I'll try downloading again.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back