Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The R6 Mk II has now been officially announced along with the RF 135mm F1.8L IS USM & Speedlite EL-5.

Here are the key specs for the R6 II:
  • 24.2MP CMOS sensor
  • 12 fps mechanical shutter (40 fps electronic shutter)
  • Built-in image stabilization rated to 8.0 stops
  • 4K/60p video (oversampled from 6K)
  • 6K ProRes Raw video with a compatible Atomos recorder
  • Raw burst mode with pre-capture
  • Moving subject HDR mode
  • 3.68M-dot EVF capable of up to 120 fps refresh (0.76x magnification)
  • 1.62M-dot, 3-inch rear touchscreen
  • Dual UHS-II SD card slots
  • 760 shot-per-charge battery rating (CIPA)

The EOS R6 II is already available to pre-order and will start shipping in late November for a retail price of $2,499 / £2,779.00.

Affiliate Links for Pre-orders:
B&H: https://bhpho.to/3DuMUn3
Wex Photo: https://tidd.ly/3DSuw9j

A kit with the Canon RF 24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM USM lens will be available for $2,799 / £3,129.00, and a kit with the Canon RF 24-105mm F4 L IS USM lens will be available for $3,599 / £3,999.00.

The Canon RF 135mm F1.8L IS USM will cost $2,099.00 / £2,599.00 and the Speedlite EL-5 $399.00 / £499.00.

Further details including a comparison with the Mk I and a collection of early reviews can be found in the blog article:

If you are already an R6 Shooter do you think you might be tempted by the Mark II?

Last edited:
If they get rid of the 29:59 video record time limit I will definitely upgrade from my R6.

If it uses the 24mps BSI stacked sensor of the R3 I might pick one up.

• Admin
The R6 Mk II has now been officially announced.

Here are the key specs:
  • 24.2MP CMOS sensor
  • 12 fps mechanical shutter (40 fps electronic shutter)
  • Built-in image stabilization rated to 8.0 stops
  • 4K/60p video (oversampled from 6K)
  • 6K ProRes Raw video with a compatible Atomos recorder
  • Raw burst mode with pre-capture
  • Moving subject HDR mode
  • 3.68M-dot EVF capable of up to 120 fps refresh (0.76x magnification)
  • 1.62M-dot, 3-inch rear touchscreen
  • Dual UHS-II SD card slots
  • 760 shot-per-charge battery rating (CIPA)

Further details including a comparison with the Mk I and a collection of early reviews can be found in the blog article:

Where does this now leave the R5? It now seems it's suject select focus is falling behind these later models. There has been no firmware updates for a while now for the R5 and it would appear we will have to wait and shell out for a MkII if wanted.

Where does this now leave the R5? It now seems it's suject select focus is falling behind these later models. There has been no firmware updates for a while now for the R5 and it would appear we will have to wait and shell out for a MkII if wanted.
It really depends if the R5mkII is next or the R1 is next. If the R1 is next, I could see Canon doing another firmware release for the R5 to apply improvements they have learned from the development of the other models. My bet is rumors will start coming in early 2023 that will provide some indication of Canon’s intent.

Questions on the "moving HDR" mode. Has anyone seen the results from it? And is it always a jpg?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back