Canon R7 Canon R7 Firmware Update 1.2.0

Thanks for sharing Chris!

Don't see what it fixes, but I've been waiting for this. Unfortunately the camera won't recognize the file on the card and I can't install it. I've downloaded it 3 times. Grrr.

Don't see what it fixes, but I've been waiting for this. Unfortunately the camera won't recognize the file on the card and I can't install it. I've downloaded it 3 times. Grrr.
Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:

1. The [User Def.] on [Picture Style] can now be selected in the Cloud Raw image processing settings.
  2. Fixes an issue that, in rare instances, displays an Error Code 70 when the camera is capturing small subjects.
  3. Fixes minor issues.
Maybe try formatting the card in-camera and trying again if you haven't already done so.

Reformatted both cards 3 times, tried slots 1 & 2 with no other slots occupied....

I'm downloading the file and unzipping properly, and moving the file to the card, but it's skipping the screen where it asks me to select the firmware file and according to the instructions this means it hasn't copied correctly. I've downloaded it multiple times and tried multiple card readers. No clue.

Firmware Version 1.2.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes:

1. The [User Def.] on [Picture Style] can now be selected in the Cloud Raw image processing settings.
  2. Fixes an issue that, in rare instances, displays an Error Code 70 when the camera is capturing small subjects.
  3. Fixes minor issues.
Maybe try formatting the card in-camera and trying again if you haven't already done so.
And given that none of this speaks to improvements in focus stickiness (unless that's hidden in #3) I'm not missing anything.

Are you perhaps moving the file to a folder within the directory and not simply putting it in the root dir alongside the folders ?
Just a thought !
I tried twice on my laptop before I borrowed a friends MacBook, copied the Mac file from Canon website and bingo.

Are you perhaps moving the file to a folder within the directory and not simply putting it in the root dir alongside the folders ?
Just a thought !
I tried twice on my laptop before I borrowed a friends MacBook, copied the Mac file from Canon website and bingo.
Nope. Been to this rodeo multiple times with the R5 & R6. Doing it correctly. On a MacBook. ;)

OK, so it seems I'm on Firmware 1.0.1 and not on 1.1, which may explain some of my other issues, and perhaps I need to install that first? So, that's what I'm trying to do, but when I go to download 1.1 for the R7 it sends me to the EOS-7D download page. That sh-t is maddening.

I did manage to find and download 1.1 and try to install that first but got the same error. Wondering if I need to reset my camera?

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back