Followers
Following
Name
Tim
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
We have recently tested 23 memory cards in the R7 to see which cards perform best in-camera.

The complete article can be found over on the blog here:

Due to its performance in-camera and price per GB our recommended memory card for those of you who shoot a lot of continuous bursts is the Kingston Canvas React Plus UHS-II card.

If you shoot more video than stills then we’d recommend a card like the Sony SF-M UHS-II card which is V60 rated and covers you for all movie formats supported by the R7.

If you don’t shoot continuous bursts or video, then you can save quite a bit of money by purchasing a UHS-I memory card instead. Our recommended card based on our in-camera tests would be the Kingston Canvas Go! Plus UHS-I card.

The Angelbird AV Pro Mk 2 V90 UHS-II card performed really poorly in the R7, we'd recommend avoiding this card.

Please let us know if you find this guide helpful, or if you would like to provide your own feedback on a particular card or suggest one to include in our future tests.

Thank you!
🙂

Hi Timothy, and thanks for the comprehensive review. BTW, have you done one of these for the R5?

• Admin
Hi Timothy, and thanks for the comprehensive review. BTW, have you done one of these for the R5?
Not yet Mike but I hope to do one for the R5 by the months end. I’ve done an R3 Guide though and I’d expect to see similar results with the R5.

This is a great article. I found it via Google and from it I found this forum. I forgot to order SD cards when I ordered my R7, and all my old DSLRs used CF cards, so your article was a big help.

• Admin
This is a great article. I found it via Google and from it I found this forum. I forgot to order SD cards when I ordered my R7, and all my old DSLRs used CF cards, so your article was a big help.
Glad to hear that you found it helpful Jeff. Also glad it helped you to find this forum! :)

Funny, that's exactly how i found the forum as well (y)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back