Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Sinclair
City/State
Telford
Currently Canon are selling the R5 for £4300.
I bought mine new for £3260 with 3 years warrantee.
That's a huge saving of £1040.

Yes, I bought my camera from a grey importer. I did research to make sure they are a legitimate company that are unlikely to disappear tomorrow. If you want to know where I got it PM me
I bough my lens as a new open box on eBay. I saved a few £100s on it.

Currently Canon are selling the R5 for £4300.
I bought mine new for £3260 with 3 years warrantee.
That's a huge saving of £1040.

Yes, I bought my camera from a grey importer. I did research to make sure they are a legitimate company that are unlikely to disappear tomorrow. If you want to know where I got it PM me
I bough my lens as a new open box on eBay. I saved a few £100s on it.
I presume you are on about Panamoz , as they are only grey importers in UK that offer 3 year warranty , I bought 3 of my RF lenses off them and saved a lot of money , I decided to buy my R5 and RF 100-500 off Wex though as I wanted the security on the camera of a Canon warranty .

I presume you are on about Panamoz , as they are only grey importers in UK that offer 3 year warranty , I bought 3 of my RF lenses off them and saved a lot of money , I decided to buy my R5 and RF 100-500 off Wex though as I wanted the security on the camera of a Canon warranty .
Yes. Must admit I'm warey about grey. Its amazing how £1000 can can influence your buying. Its the same as buying a used car from a back street outfit or a recognised big dealer

Panamoz are Hong Kong based and seem to be the cheapest for both the R5 and R6 at this moment in time, and they do offer a three year warranty, with repairs carried out by a Canon U.K. approved repair centre. HDEW is a U.K. based company with a shop near Croydon that also sell grey imports and are usually very competitive on price, they also offer the three year warranty (on cameras) handled by a Canon U.K. approved repair centre. They do only offer one year warranty on lenses though. Both of these companies get great reviews on trust pilot that compere very well against the best U.K. supplier, and absolutely smashes the reviews of a certain U.K. national retail chain. Although slightly dearer, I bought my R6 from HDEW, because I was able to phone them and discuss my purchase with a knowledgeable member of staff. So better price, better warranty, availability of the Canon EF adapter and I was able to purchase as a kit with the 24-105 F4 L series lens. U.K. dealers can only supply a kit with the cheaper non L series 24-105 lens and haven't had stock of the Canon EF lens converter for months.

Great bit of info.

I know UK dealers have to make a profit, I'm just wondering if they are making excessive profits. Anyone know what the mark up is for UK dealers,

I also used Panamoz for my R6 and was thrilled with the service. Will definitely use again as the amount u save is amazing

I'v used E-Infinity and Panamoz for years now and the service has always been top drawer.

I bought my R5 from E-Infinity and it developed a fault after a few months, it needed a new mainboard, E-Infinity told me to send it to Canon UK, pay for it and they would refund me, cost £528 fro Canon to fix which also gives me a 6 month warranty from them, and after I sent the receipt to E-Infinity I got a refund within 10 minutes - they literally couldn't have done anything better.

I recently bought the RF 100-500 from Panamoz and also bought other things from them but never had to use their warranty.

Unfortunately, overcharging for Canon gear is not confined to the UK. Similar tactics and high markups are practices by Canon UAE. They also offer one year warrantee only Canon R bodies and RF lenses.

Are you able to import without problems?

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back