Kathryn Milner

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Kathryn Milner
I find the door that allows access to adjust the filter on the hood of the RF 100 to 500 keeps sliding open. I used a sticker to hold it closed but that was a temporary solution. It is strange that they didn't make it so it snaps closed. Thinking of using a dot of low temp hot glue to hold it closed. Are any of you having this same difficulty?

I wouldn't use glue unless a) you never intend selling the lens or b) needing to open the door!!

I hear you. I was only going to use one little dot that peels off easily. When I first used the lens I had a sticker from an apple close by and it worked great for a month or so. I like the tape idea too.

I just acquired it so i'm not sure but i will endeavour to answer that when i get there ... truthfully most of mine will be shooting in dark environments so may not disappoint me that way

I ended up using gaffer’s tape and it is working great.

I find the door that allows access to adjust the filter on the hood of the RF 100 to 500 keeps sliding open. I used a sticker to hold it closed but that was a temporary solution. It is strange that they didn't make it so it snaps closed. Thinking of using a dot of low temp hot glue to hold it closed. Are any of you having this same difficulty?
Just got mine last week and have not used the door--just checked mine and it 'locks' in place at both open and closed--a slight compression fit at both range ends. Possibly a fix that Canon made after the first batch or yours may be a little loose--but stays put for me--at least out of the box.

Just got mine last week and have not used the door--just checked mine and it 'locks' in place at both open and closed--a slight compression fit at both range ends. Possibly a fix that Canon made after the first batch or yours may be a little loose--but stays put for me--at least out of the box.
I am glad to hear they have fixed that.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back