Exposure Compensation / Iso trouble

ninnefly

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ninne Aas Flydal
Hi.
My exposure compensation does only work in Auto Iso. Switching to any other ISO level, I can not change my Exposure Compensation. Have any of you a solution on this problem?

In Manual Mode, yes, it will only work in Auto ISO because that's the only place you're asking the camera to adjust anything for you (by definition "Manual" means "Don't let the camera tell me what to do, I've got this."). If you wanted to over/underexpose something then you would adjust shutter speed or aperture or ISO yourself ("manually"), deciding which to change based on what you're shooting and what your priorities are in the exposure (motion, depth of field, noise, etc.).

In Av and Tv modes the exposure compensation works in both fixed and auto ISO, because by default the camera is already choosing at least one setting for you (shutter speed in AV, aperture in Tv) and you're telling the camera how you want it to adjust the metering when making that selection.

Last edited:

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back