Focus stacking

Welcome to Our Canon RF Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

lewie

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
lewie
Will EF macro lenses work with the multiple focus stacking in an RP camera? To be specific, the old Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro EF-Mount?

lewie

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
lewie
The lens I was asking about is the older Canon 100mm Macro. The list you referenced is for R5 & R6 cameras. Would it apply to the RP also?

GregO

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Omlor
Will EF macro lenses work with the multiple focus stacking in an RP camera? To be specific, the old Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro EF-Mount?
I'm sure the EF 100mm macro lens will focus stack. I'm not sure the EOS Rp will focus stack. It's actually called focus bracketing in my R6. My guess would be that if the Rp has focus bracketing it will work. In the menu on my R6 it is in the first menu (camera) it is the 3rd option under #5

lewie

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
lewie
My RP does have focus bracketing. I just tried it with my 24-240mm lens, it worked very well when I used "Depth Compositing" with Digital Photo Professional for 20 shots, but it is not a macro lens. Probably good enough for flower shots, and certainly for landscapes, but not for insects.

Attachments

• DC_IMG_1399comp.jpg
    DC_IMG_1399comp.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1399-1.jpg
    IMG_1399-1.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 46

* Remove Ads by Becoming a   Pro Member   *

Ian

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ian Cassell
My RP does have focus bracketing. I just tried it with my 24-240mm lens, it worked very well when I used "Depth Compositing" with Digital Photo Professional for 20 shots, but it is not a macro lens. Probably good enough for flower shots, and certainly for landscapes, but not for insects.
The lens I was asking about is the older Canon 100mm Macro. The list you referenced is for R5 & R6 cameras. Would it apply to the RP also?
I use the original EF 100/2.8 macro (not L) and it stacks fine with my R5.

lewie

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
lewie
I use the original EF 100/2.8 macro (not L) and it stacks fine with my R5.
Thank you. I was hoping someone was using that lens. I wonder why Canon includes a relatively short list of lenses that will focus stack in the RP and other R-series cameras manuals.

Ian

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ian Cassell
Thank you. I was hoping someone was using that lens. I wonder why Canon includes a relatively short list of lenses that will focus stack in the RP and other R-series cameras manuals.
I never felt the need for IS when they released the L version. The lens still works fine. I was worried the stacking wouldn't work because it is not on the list, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Latest reviews

• Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
    5.00 star(s)
    Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
    Use this successfully with EFS18-55 and EFS55-250 on both RP and R10. Quick focusing response in either camera. Small enough to fit in a pants...
    • TandemYardsPhotography
  • Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
    5.00 star(s)
    Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
    I have the standard and the control ring adaptor , other than the control ring the pro’s are the same but the ability to easily customise the...
    • Rob2563
  • Prime Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM
    5.00 star(s)
    First RF PRIME lens
    This is definitely one of a great lens. I recommend it for people who does portrait photography. I use them in Weddings and Events if I need to...
    • sinbadking
  • Prime Canon RF 600mm F11 IS STM
    5.00 star(s)
    The 600mm f/11 is a viable option not just something to be 'settled for' by people who wanted more
    The tendency for reviewers and 'experts' is to point out that the 600mm f/11 is not as long as the 800 and not as fast as the big and expensive EF...
    • dougsmit
  • Kolari EF-EOS R Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter
    5.00 star(s)
    Review of the Kolari EF-EOS R Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter and drop-in filters.
    After waiting months with no success for delivery of a similar adapter system from a another 3rd-party maker, this spring I purchased the Kolari...
    • Paulie G

* Remove Ads by Becoming a   Pro Member   *