Fujifilm GFX 100S vs Canon R5

SO8

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
John H
I wonder what this will look like if I can get some rough comparison shots from the lenses ... sorry about the jumbled background in my conservatory :)

I have my Canon kit and am able to compare to the 100MP Fujifilm beast ... which though heavy is not as bad as I thought !

Just trying to work out the correct lenses to use ... not used to a 0.80 'crop' versus full frame 35mm equivalent. I am not a medium format person normally.
IMG-4638.jpg
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max back triple camera 5.1mm f/1.6
  • 5.1 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/121 sec
  • ISO 50

Well some pics done but none worthy of uploading !

It has menu’s from hell and makes the R5 menu system seem sparse.
I’ve tried to set it up as similarly to my R5 as I can …
Tbh I have not initially noticed much apart from a lot slower focus and a far greater distance needed. Min focus is not a strong point. As I say, I am not at all versed in medium format …. It is extremely well made kit but with so many options to set I am sure I am not doing it too well 😂

IQ is better than my R5 with even the 85 f1.2L but I guess it should be. AF sucks. Soooo sloooow .... I guess this is a camera range for specific needs.

No chance of the R5 going anywhere in a hurry.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back