Greetings from New Hampshire, US

micheric

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Mike Erickson
Hello, I’m Mike and currently live in the lovely New England state of New Hampshire USA, I say currently as we tend to move quite a bit more often than most. I’m new to both photography and Canon in particular. I stated snapping pictures when I retired in late 2019 with a LUMIX G9 that I purchased without doing a lot of investigation and I was extremely lucky with my purchase as it got me hooked. Recently I traded my G9 and purchased a EOS R5 with the RF 50mm f1.8 STM and the RF 70-200 f2.8 lens, this is probably far too much camera for me and my style, however this time I did much more research and at the time this one, at least to me, came out on top.
I don’t have a certain genre that I shoot, it’s more happenstance style I guess, if its interesting and it gets in front of the lens then that’s what gets shot. With that said, I enjoy the outdoors so most of my photos are from my hikes and travels. While hiking I always try to find that something that “shouldn’t belong” or seems out of place, not always successful though its really fun to look.
I’m interested in meeting new folks, watching and participating in the discussions and learning about photography and my new Canon camera. :)

Attachments

• 6FF731F2-EB05-475E-9E9A-C9A94B2361FC.jpeg
    6FF731F2-EB05-475E-9E9A-C9A94B2361FC.jpeg
    474.8 KB · Views: 51
Hello from Atlanta and welcome to the forum and the Canon Family. You made some very good equipment choices that should serve you very well for many years to come. I look forward to seeing your photos!

Welcome to the forum Mike and thanks for introducing yourself. If you have any questions about your gear of this forum please don't hesitate to ask!

Hello and Welcome, Mike! I just came back from a lovely 4 days visiting your current home state. Some day I hope to make it mine!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back