Hello from Centurion, Gauteng, South Africa

toccata

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Roelof van Suilichem
Hi all,

I received my R7 and 100-500 lens a few months ago, upgrading from 7D mk1 and 100-400 mk2.
My (D)SLR journey has been Pentax K1000, then EOS 500N, 10D, 20D, 40D, 7d1.

I'm defo not pro, but have done a lot of ballroom&latin photography, some events, some weddings, more modelling, and most wildlife usually mammals and birding.
The big issues I want to improve are focus issues and BiF.

I have a home studio. I also am looking at doing more outside modelling work with a strobist approach.

So far I am very impressed with the new kit, although the learning process has a LOT more content than anticipated ;-)

Regards - Roelof

Welcome Roelof and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself to us. Just let me know if you have any questions about this forum or gear.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back