Hello from New York!

jjmmagoo

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
James Maguire
Hello everyone, thank you for accepting me on this very informative forum. My name is James Maguire. I am a professional freelance sports photographer. I have always loved photography. The infamous sports-illustrated cover of "The Catch" is what started my obsession with sports photography. I am a former college athlete playing Ice Hockey and Lacrosse. Now that I have a family I reintroduced myself to digital photography. My son plays lacrosse and I would schlep my old Canon Rebel with the hopes of capturing his first goal. Well, five-plus years later I am still waiting. HAHA. After being accepted to capture images for MAXPREPS and other professional organizations I am still hungry and obsessed with learning and figuring out how to capture that special image. I have steadily upgraded my equipment over the years. I have recently upgraded to the R3. WOW is all I have to say. I am still trying to figure it all out but so far very happy with it. If anyone has any tips or suggestions I am always eager to learn something new. Thank you again for accepting me on RF shooters.

Hi James, welcome to our group. Thanks for introducing yourself, we hope you continue to enjoy the R3 and find this forum helpful!

Welcome James.

Welcome James! Where in New York are you (asking as a former New Yorker)? Looking forward to seeing some of your images.

Welcome James and thank you for joining up here. I've only played with the R3 a little but it's certainly an amazing camera. I don't think you are going to miss too many shots of your son with this! I don't shoot much sports photography myself (other than bikes now and again), but I'm sure if my sons ever get into sport I'll need to learn fast.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back