Followers
Following
Name
Ian Harrison
City/State
Christchurch, New Zealand
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I'm picking up my R3 and 100-500 in December when I fly out to the USA, gonna save a couple of grand on sales tax šŸ˜
I shoot anything, but want to do more wildlife. Torn over the R3 vs R5, but I have big hands and the 3 feels better.
FB_IMG_1508256239127.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and that is a fantastic photo. I'm not good with birds at all, so type what is this one? Regarding your R3 purchase here in the states, do bear in mind that each state/county/municipality does charge tax on any purchase. It's a flat rate and is usually less than 10% - in some locales it can be less than 6%. Good luck with the purchase and enjoy your time here (late autumn in the northern hemisphere).

Welcome Ian and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself to us! :) Cracking shot too! What is it?

Thanks guys.
The bird is a Kea (key-uh), a New Zealand native parrot, that is mostly now found in alpine areas of the South Island. They are extremely intelligent (for birds), highly inquisitive, and can be hazardous for any rubber trimming on vehicles and camping equipment šŸ˜
This one was riding the wind above a tasty looking campervan whilst several more were already at work on the vans roof.
I am buying my gear duty- free as I leave NZ, saving 15% tax. Our retail prices are similar to yours before your tax, so basically saving the cost of the airfare for the flight šŸ’°

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back