Following
Name
Rob Neal
City/State
Nottinghamshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Glad to be a member of the group and look forward to chatting with you all
I was an early adopter of the RF system and currently own the R , R6 and just ordered the R7 for macro and nature photography which is my main intrest.
The R is a great camera but not on the same autofocus level of the R6 and now R7 which i have purchased due the higher pixel count

wish I had been patient, saved up and bought the R5 😂 but …….

Welcome Rob and thanks for joining up here and saying hello to us :) Where about's in the UK are you? It sounds like you have a nice collection of R cameras now! :) I ordered the R7 ages ago but it still hasn't turned up. I did hire one for a few days and found it slightly annoying getting used to the different button layout and slightly different ergonomics compared to my R5. I'm almost tempted to cancel it, plus I don't have much time to shoot anyway at present due to a 2 year old and 10 week old keeping me busy! Let me know if you have any questions about this site!

Welcome Rob and thanks for joining up here and saying hello to us :) Where about's in the UK are you? It sounds like you have a nice collection of R cameras now! :) I ordered the R7 ages ago but it still hasn't turned up. I did hire one for a few days and found it slightly annoying getting used to the different button layout and slightly different ergonomics compared to my R5. I'm almost tempted to cancel it, plus I don't have much time to shoot anyway at present due to a 2 year old and 10 week old keeping me busy! Let me know if you have any questions about this site!
Hi Tim , thanks for letting me join , congratulations on the new arrival and good luck with the 2 year old , my granddaughter will be 3 in December and she is an handful but lots of fun.
im located in North Nottinghamshire
I was tempted to go direct to R5 but plunged for the R6 instead due to costs but now paying out again for the R7 due to the benefits a cropped sensor provides in macro
oh well I will always have a spare camera !

Hi Tim , thanks for letting me join , congratulations on the new arrival and good luck with the 2 year old , my granddaughter will be 3 in December and she is an handful but lots of fun.
im located in North Nottinghamshire
I was tempted to go direct to R5 but plunged for the R6 instead due to costs but now paying out again for the R7 due to the benefits a cropped sensor provides in macro
oh well I will always have a spare camera !
Thanks Rob! I can imagine she keeps you very busy too when she comes over! It certainly doesn't hurt to have a spare camera, especially if you are travelling. I really liked the pre-shooting feature of the R7, I'd like to see this come to the R5 via firmware update.

I'm in the NW Rob - so a fair drive away but at least there are 2 of us Brits (until I find more, lol).

Paul.

I'm in the NW Rob - so a fair drive away but at least there are 2 of us Brits (until I find more, lol).

Paul.
Welcome Paul, I only joined the group this week and there does appear to be a fair amount of brits on the site including Tim the site admin So the RF mount cameras are catching on especially since the release of the R5 and R6

Paul.
3 of us now Paul. I am User name Badgood (Dean) also from NW…Hi by the way

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back