Followers
Following
Name
Dean Wilson
City/State
Canby, Oregon
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Greetings from somewhere on the West Coast of the United States.
I picked by my first camera...Kodak Brownie 127 (style?)....about 1966ish and I fell in love with photography as funds allowed. I ran through the gambit of 126 Instamatic and 110 pocket cameras before picking my my first SLR in 1976 a Minolta SR-T201. I recently began using it again shooting Ilford Delta 3200 Pro.
My first DSLR was a Canon Rebel T3 with two popular the kit lenses back in 2015. A couple years ago I picked up the EOS R and a 24-70mm f/2.8 L and soon followed by the 70-200mm f/2.8 L and a 15-35mm f/2.8 L a year later. One year ago I picked up the R5 and 100-500mm L. I discovered "L" signifies "Lots", as in Lots of Money. I am a hobbyist and I am learning and love to see what I can do with a camera and what I cannot.
This photo is a four shot panorama of "The Pillar of Rome" in southeast Oregon with my R5 and 24-70mm f/2.8
10,000-4P9A2781-Pano-Edit copy.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 100

Greetings from somewhere on the West Coast of the United States.
I picked by my first camera...Kodak Brownie 127 (style?)....about 1966ish and I fell in love with photography as funds allowed. I ran through the gambit of 126 Instamatic and 110 pocket cameras before picking my my first SLR in 1976 a Minolta SR-T201. I recently began using it again shooting Ilford Delta 3200 Pro.
My first DSLR was a Canon Rebel T3 with two popular the kit lenses back in 2015. A couple years ago I picked up the EOS R and a 24-70mm f/2.8 L and soon followed by the 70-200mm f/2.8 L and a 15-35mm f/2.8 L a year later. One year ago I picked up the R5 and 100-500mm L. I discovered "L" signifies "Lots", as in Lots of Money. I am a hobbyist and I am learning and love to see what I can do with a camera and what I cannot.
This photo is a four shot panorama of "The Pillar of Rome" in southeast Oregon with my R5 and 24-70mm f/2.8
View attachment 13818
Nice panorama and Welcome to the group, Dean. Looking forward to seeing more. This looks like a very interesting place to explore.

Nice shot Dean, the choice of black and white works well with the image. Not sure what it looks like in color as I haven't visited the area. Now I'll try and get there on one of our travels. Welcome to the group!!!!

Thank you micheric. It was my first visit while visiting the Steens Wilderness Area and Alvord desert.
I was waiting got Golden Hour, however with heavy wildfire smoke on the western horizon and 104° F I knew the colors would remain quite bland in the rock structure and sky.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back