Followers
Following
Name
David Luery
City/State
Tucson, AZ
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I am new to RF Shooters, as I only recently learned about RF Shooters in the discussions of the announcement of DPReview's imminent demise. In any event, I am a keen amateur photographer, retired and living in Tucson, AZ USA. My interests include infrared (I had an R converted to full-spectrum, and prior to that used a converted 50D), B&W, railroad, landscape and travel photography. I am currently dabbling in bird photography, but at that I am a rank beginner.

I have been shooting Canon cameras since the mid-1970s, starting with an AE-1, and progressing to the T-90, then into autofocus with the 1 and 1n. I bought my my first digital SLR, the 5DII, in 2008, and my last dSLR was the 5DIV. I am shooting the R5, which was my first mirrorless camera, which I purchased in November 2020, R (infrared) and R7. I initially used my EF lens with the R cameras, but over the past 2 1/2 years have moved to RF lenses.

Welcome to the group. My Canon journey also started with an AE-1 which served me well for many years. I think I still have it stored away somewhere. Sad to see DPReview is about to disappear.

Welcome David and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself to us all. We have seen a few new sign-ups from over on DPReview. It's a real shame what has happened and I can only hope that someone will change their mind and at least keep all of the in-depth reviews and forum posts online as read-only. It sounds like you have a long history with Canon. I'm sure that your knowledge and photography will be more than welcome here. Just let me know if you have any questions about the forum.

Agreed, it's sad to see DPReview disappear but welcome to the forum.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back