Antoeknee

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Anthony Blake
I'm a long time Canon user. Currently use a 7D2 for bird photography (main interest) and a 5D3 for landscapes.
With launch of the R7 decided the time was right to try mirrorless. Waited 3 months for it to arrive. It arrived the day before going on a 3 week holiday so was left at home.
Now busy trying familiarise myself with the camera.

Welcome Antoeknee (Ant?)

I'm from Preston so maybe not to far away from yourself (R10 user though - budget!!!)

Paul.

Welcome Antoeknee (Ant?)

I'm from Preston so maybe not to far away from yourself (R10 user though - budget!!!)

Paul.
Hi Paul, I'm on edge of Saddleworth Moor. R10 looks a good camera too. Having to use my Sigma 160-600 C for bird photography as can't stretch to the RF 100-500, £2.7k!

Just been out for a quick test and impressed with the animal/eye detect.

Welcome Anthony and thank you for joining up here and saying hello to us! Congratulations on the new R7. Shame that you didn't manage to take it away on holiday with you, but hopefully you can make up for that now! :)

Welcome Anthony and thank you for joining up here and saying hello to us! Congratulations on the new R7. Shame that you didn't manage to take it away on holiday with you, but hopefully you can make up for that now! :)
Just too close to the holiday. Now back and took a few shots yesterday. AF is impressive and the images stand far more cropping than those from my 7D2.

Early days but looking good so far.

Hi Paul, I'm on edge of Saddleworth Moor. R10 looks a good camera too. Having to use my Sigma 160-600 C for bird photography as can't stretch to the RF 100-500, £2.7k!

Just been out for a quick test and impressed with the animal/eye detect.
I'm a long time Canon user. Currently use a 7D2 for bird photography (main interest) and a 5D3 for landscapes.
With launch of the R7 decided the time was right to try mirrorless. Waited 3 months for it to arrive. It arrived the day before going on a 3 week holiday so was left at home.
Now busy trying familiarise myself with the camera.
Hi Anthony and welcome from another newbie.
I joined the forum recently and am also from close to you and based in Altrincham.
You have some fantastic countryside on your doorstep in Saddleworth, really jealous, although we have some great places in and around Sale & Altrincham.
I just bought an R7 and 18-150 RF lens after years using Fuji.
I am hoping to finally take my landscaping more seriously when I can afford better glass.

Hi Anthony and welcome from another newbie.
I joined the forum recently and am also from close to you and based in Altrincham.
You have some fantastic countryside on your doorstep in Saddleworth, really jealous, although we have some great places in and around Sale & Altrincham.
I just bought an R7 and 18-150 RF lens after years using Fuji.
I am hoping to finally take my landscaping more seriously when I can afford better glass.
Hi there, the R7 is quite a powerful camera and I'm just starting to get to grips with it.
My main interest is bird photography and it's quite impressive how the R7 locks onto subject/eye. Using with a Sigma 150-600 contemporary and this is working well.
This is an image of a dabchick with a stickleback.
R7M_0711-Edit by tblake2007, on Flickr

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back