Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
In a Sony camera highlights alert happen or shown right when you press half way the shutter button. In a canon camera the blinkers are shown when you review a photo. Absurd! That’s too late!

Couldn‘t you also use the histogram? That’s how I’ve been doing it without a highlight alert before taking the photo.

In a Sony camera highlights alert happen or shown right when you press half way the shutter button. In a canon camera the blinkers are shown when you review a photo. Absurd! That’s too late!

Do you remember when you had to give up your roll of film for development and see what your captures looked like a week after taking the shot?

I remember.

Couldn‘t you also use the histogram? That’s how I’ve been doing it without a highlight alert before taking the photo.
Come on! That’s like saying that you are not going to buy a car because you have a bicycle. Both will take you from point A to point B. ;)

Do you remember when you had to give up your roll of film for development and see what your captures looked like a week after taking the shot?

I remember.
Hum… do you want to go back in time? :D

Hum… do you want to go back in time? :D

Haha. NO WAY. I'm totally digging digital.
I am, however, waiting for some hipster film renaissance so that I can offload my hoard of film cameras. The Hasselblad isn't as valuable now as it should be.

I may be wrong but I believe you can turn those "highlight blinkies" on and see them when the camera is metering before the shot in the viewfinder and on the screen.

Sorry, that was in the video mode, Zebra Stripes. However, with exposure simulation set to on, I'm not sure why this is a problem.

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I believe you can turn those "highlight blinkies" on and see them when the camera is metering before the shot in the viewfinder and on the screen.

Sorry, that was in the video mode, Zebra Stripes. However, with exposure simulation set to on, I'm not sure why this is a problem.
How

That’s not the same. Those are seen in the preview when the picture is already taken.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back