PKM-UK

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Phil Moore
Images from our recent visit to Kingston Lucy, Wimborne Minster, Dorset, England.

(Shot raw and processed using: DxO PL Elite/ ViewPoint and Adobe LrC/ PS with Tony Kuyper Panels).

You can find out more about Kingston Lacy by clicking Here.

Phil and Karen

1. Kingston Lacy is a country house and estate which was the family seat of the Bankes family. The current house was built between 1663 and 1665 by Ralph Bankes. Fashioned into a grand Italian palazzo in the 1830's, the house holds one of the UK’s finest private collections of paintings.

RF-S-KL1.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

2. The Library has barely changed since the 18th-century. The painting on the ceiling, created for a palace in Bologna more than 400 years ago, was snapped up by William John Bankes in 1840.

RF-S-KL2.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

3. The Drawing Room was used to entertain guests, beyond can be glimpsed The Saloon, which hosts masterpieces by artists such as Titian, Rubens, Jan Brueghel the Younger and Sir Peter Lely.

RF-S-KL3.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

4. The Dining Room is dominated by the magnificent (but unfinished) The Judgement of Solomon by Sebastiano del Piombo (1485-1547), and is filled with intricate woodwork from the elaborate boxwood doors, carved in Venice, to the walnut shutters designed by William John Bankes himself.

RF-S-KL4.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 19.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 6400

5. The Spanish Room (named for the paintings of Bartolomé Esteban Murillo and Diego Velázquez which reside there), has walls hung with gilded leather. This extravagant and glittering ‘Picture Room’ was William John Bankes’ proudest creation, the more remarkable for having been executed while he was in exile.

RF-S-KL5.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 23.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 6400

6. The ornate state bedroom has housed such important guests as Kaiser Wilhelm II who stayed with the Bankes family in 1907. After the death of Henry John Ralph Bankes Kingston Lacy (along with Corfe Castle) was gifted to the National Trust in 1981 - at the time the largest such bequest.

RF-S-KL6.jpg
  • Canon EOS R5
  • RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 6400

(Sources: National Trust, Wikipedia).

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back