Canon R10 Canon R10 Live View Zoom, Screen Timeout & Flash Control.

Paul Iddon

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Paul Iddon
Ok, so the first thing I need to get sorted on this R10 is as follows:

Using the live view screen to compose an image, there are 3 problems.

1) The screen goes dark after a few seconds. I need it to stay on.

2) I need to zoom in for really good close composition - and 1 press of the magnifying glass icon on the right of the grip does move the view closer, but sometimes for really small subjects, I need to zoom in even closer, but for some reason I can't. How do I fix this (without having to press the same symbol on the live view screen which is tiny!)

3) How do I stop the flash icon on the 4-way dial turning off the flash gun - my hand touches it so often and switches off the flash!

Paul.

Solution

2) I need to zoom in for really good close composition - and 1 press of the magnifying glass icon on the right of the grip does move the view closer, but sometimes for really small subjects, I need to zoom in even closer, but for some reason I can't. How do I fix this (without having to press the same symbol on the live view screen which is tiny!)

3) How do I stop the flash icon on the 4-way dial turning off the flash gun - my hand touches it so often and switches off the flash!

Paul.

Paul.

check out Wim‘s manual , I always found them easy to follow and full of tips and tricks, I’m sure you will find the answers you need or YouTube is a good place for setup videos

Solution
Thanks m8. Bookmarked.

The most annoying is the flash getting turned on and off and on again and off again by the pad of my hand when holding the camera. Gotta find an over-ride for that first.

I've got the paperback issue, but its 900 pages long, lol... :)

Paul.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back