Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
Version 4.17 of DPP was released. Support for more RF lenses was added.

Last edited:
Went looking for it and Canon Europe does not have it yet. Found it on Canon USA site, but only if you specify Windows 11 (I have 10). It installs and runs on Windows 10

Version 4.17 of DPP now installed on my MacBook Pro! Thanks ctitanic.

Went looking for it and Canon Europe does not have it yet. Found it on Canon USA site, but only if you specify Windows 11 (I have 10). It installs and runs on Windows 10
Don: Not sure how it works in Europe, but I opened DPP and clicked on Digital Photo Professional 4 (top left) to check for updates. It was available for my MacBook Pro in Canada. PS I went searching for update news on Canon Canada and could not find any mention of it??? I will blame that on being Monday morning. Good luck and have a great day!

I used the same procedure as Bear to update my iMac to 4.17. Oddly, searching the Canon Europe site I found 4.16.11R2 described as the latest full version (release date 5 August 2022).

works good, i'm now thinking i stop using lightroom

Downloaded it and installed, and it crashes on opening for me every time. As did previous versions. The last one that worked for me was 12.60. I have tried everything I can think or. Reinstalled, cleaned registry, etc. I give up. I only used it to see focus pts on shots I missed sharp focus on anyway.

On a Mac Studio, I find DPP4 completely unusable. It lags really bad. Making any adjustment requires waiting 5-20 seconds for the application to update. Using Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, the adjustments are instantaneously updated. There are some photos where I’d like to use DPP4 as my raw processor but the poor performance of it negates any benefit to using it.

On a Mac Studio, I find DPP4 completely unusable. It lags really bad. Making any adjustment requires waiting 5-20 seconds for the application to update. Using Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, the adjustments are instantaneously updated. There are some photos where I’d like to use DPP4 as my raw processor but the poor performance of it negates any benefit to using it.
I have to agree when it comes to my MacBook Pro. With DPP4 it seemed to always struggle with RAW files. With PS and LRC the work just flows (and I'm still learning with Adobe).

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back