Older Lenses

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Jimn Jax

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jim Davenport
I am having really good luck with some of my older FD and EF lenses on the Canon R. I even got an adapter to let me mount a screw mount Nikkor 50mm f1.4 from the 1950's that produces some really good results. I am gradually transitioning to the RF lenses but I am sure I will continue to uses the older lenses. I have the 600mm f11 and the 85mm f2 macro and am really pleased with them. Are any of you using the older lenses and what kind of results are you getting.

I have a first gen. Canon EF 70-200 f4 IS L that works great with the adapter and an old Canon FD 55 1.2 that still takes some crazy sharp pics on my R6 if I feel like playing with manual focus.

I am having really good luck with some of my older FD and EF lenses on the Canon R. I even got an adapter to let me mount a screw mount Nikkor 50mm f1.4 from the 1950's that produces some really good results. I am gradually transitioning to the RF lenses but I am sure I will continue to uses the older lenses. I have the 600mm f11 and the 85mm f2 macro and am really pleased with them. Are any of you using the older lenses and what kind of results are you getting.
my version 1 Tamron's didnt work but all my canons did

I shoot with my Canon EF 600, 400, 70-200 v2 f/2.8L lenses as well as my old EF 24-70, 16-35 and 8-15 with no problems using the Canon RF-EF adapter. So far, super pleased with the AF response and the results!

On my first shoot with my R6 I used a Sigma 150-600 with the RF-EF adapter with no problems.

I have regularly used EF 17-40, 135 and 100-400 Ii with a mix of adaptors and all perform brilliantly on the R6

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back