Myles Baker

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Myles Baker
Hi All,
My name is Myles, another DPRefugee, also pointed towards this site by PMUK.
I'm from New Zealand but have lived and worked in Indonesia since 1997.
I work as a Project Manager in the Healthcare sector, although I've done everything from dishwashing to SCADA engineer over the years.
Much like my golf, I'm an enthusiastic, if not partaticlary talented photographer, who occasionaly hits / gets that one shot that keeps them coming back.
I've had a camera of one type or another in my hand since I was about 10 years old and bought my first SLR in 1987 as I headed on my OE. That was a Canon, for no other reason than it was on special at the time. I"ve shot with Canon ever since, my latest being the RP with the 16 2.8, 35 1.8, 50 1.8 & 85 f2 primes & my go to 24-105 f4.
Looking forward to starting out on this site.
Cheers
Myles

Welcome to the forum Myles.

Welcome Myles. My photographic background and success sounds much like yours (occasional hits that keep me coming back), though i migrated from Nikon.

Welcome to the group. I think your sentiment of “occasionally gets that one shot that keeps them coming back” sums up my history pretty much!

Welcome Myles and thank you for joining our forum here. Thanks again to @PKM-UK for sending another DPReview refugee our way. Please let me know if you have any questions about the forum.

Welcome Myles and thank you for joining our forum here. Thanks again to @PKM-UK for sending another DPReview refugee our way. Please let me know if you have any questions about the forum.
Thanks for having me. I've been browsing the site, looking at photo's & threads. Will let you know if I have any questions.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back