Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Norman Schweitzer
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A local photo shop (Henrys) pre covid held themed meet ups pre covid. They started holding/running them again. They bring out extra lenses and gear to try, so partially sales promotion but also a way to learn about the cameras in use. This past Saturday it a was a street theme. They chose the local farmers market (in downtown Ottawa (The byward market). I am not a street style photographer. I find it hard to take "street photos" of strangers. I have met photographers who are totally into it. I see the attraction, the total randomness of the opportunity. I took a lot of pictures that were nice but nothing I would want to print . The usual fruits and veggie shots the vendor stalls etc but before we started walking around, this guy showed up. All photos R5 85mm F2 rf lens. manual mode

Attachments

• 1 original.JPG
    1 original.JPG
    570.9 KB · Views: 63
I caught him out of the corner of my eye as we were waiting for others to show up. I am proud to say I did not chimp all day. so I had no idea of what I caught. When I saw the original, I thought there was some potential. The following is the process I did . I still have not settled on what I like.
Here is the first crop amd tweaking of exposure as I over exposed it by about a stop

Attachments

• 1st  crop and exposure.jpeg
    1st crop and exposure.jpeg
    748.5 KB · Views: 56
I then thought he would look great if he were black and white and the rest colour, and I cropped out the lamp standards.

Attachments

• 1st crop og bw rest colour.jpeg
    1st crop og bw rest colour.jpeg
    747.8 KB · Views: 63
then I tried leaving the door in colour and the rest converted to BW

Attachments

• 1st crop red door rest BW.jpeg
    1st crop red door rest BW.jpeg
    735.9 KB · Views: 48
Then I tried full colour but cropping out the awnings and lamp posts

Attachments

• 2nd crop color exposure.jpeg
    2nd crop color exposure.jpeg
    628.6 KB · Views: 58
then I tried with e the subject in colour and the rest in BW with the front of the awnings only

Attachments

• 2nd crop og color rest bw .jpeg
    2nd crop og color rest bw .jpeg
    775.1 KB · Views: 51
Then I thought only the door in colour the rest BW and the front of the awnings

Attachments

• 2nd crop red door  rest bw .jpeg
    2nd crop red door rest bw .jpeg
    778.3 KB · Views: 44
and finally a tighter crop on the door in colour and the rest in BW. I like both the red door and bw for the rest but the last one the tight crop is growing on me.

Attachments

• 4th crop og bw door red.jpeg
    4th crop og bw door red.jpeg
    689.1 KB · Views: 57

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back