R5 mkII coming in 2023?

My R5 was new in 2020. Love it. I won't upgrade until my current camera dies,or needs significant repair.

It seemed a bit early for the R6II, but I assume there will be an R5II some time next year given the R6II is here. It would have to have a massive upgrade to make it worth it given the UK prices, the rumor posted does not do it for me, I stayed with the 5D3 and jumped to the R5 I will wait for the R5III I think that may have the R3 eye tracking as standard :):):)

With my R7 disappointments, if they can deliver this as spec'd at about the same prices as the Mk I then I'm all over it, though I suspect this will come in closer to the R5c as it seems to combine some of the features. I'd be more than happy with 24MP's shooting in cropped mode.

I'd hope that, like the R3 and R7, the 30fps electronic can be adjusted to lower rates as 15fps is fine for me in most cases. We shall see.

I will stick with my R5, could not justify a large outlay to replace it. It seems all the R models are getting updates except the R5.

My R5 was new in 2020. Love it. I won't upgrade until my current camera dies,or needs significant repair.
same here, just passing along some new info.

With my R7 disappointments, if they can deliver this as spec'd at about the same prices as the Mk I then I'm all over it, though I suspect this will come in closer to the R5c as it seems to combine some of the features. I'd be more than happy with 24MP's shooting in cropped mode.

I'd hope that, like the R3 and R7, the 30fps electronic can be adjusted to lower rates as 15fps is fine for me in most cases. We shall see.
I think you share a lot of sentiments about the R7. It is not a replacement for the 7D mk II.

I have read the R5 MKii has been seen out and about being tested by photographers, so would imagine it will be released sometime this year, or early next.

I have heard a rumour it will have the eye focus control that is on the R3, so when you look through view finder it focusses where you are are looking.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back