Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jake Kurdsjuk
City/State
Washington, NJ
One thing I love about the R7 is that you can set the shutter to silent even when it's not in electronic shutter. Unfortunately, when it's engaged when you power off the curtain does not close and when you remove the lens the sensor is exposed, even if you have it set up to close on power down.

I'm hoping this gets changed in a future firmware update. In the meantime I've set one of the buttons to be able to turn silent shutter on and off so I get used to putting it back to non-silent before I turn the camera off.

One thing I love about the R7 is that you can set the shutter to silent even when it's not in electronic shutter.
This confuses me. Is not electronic shutter always silent unless you have enabled that fake shutter noise? When you refer to setting the shutter to silent when it is already in electronic, are you just changing that fake noise?

Canon makes this confusing,as it appears the silent shutter function is just the electronic shutter in disguise. I have placed my shutter modes at the top of my green menu, and registered the green menu so it comes up first.

It's actually NOT electronic shutter in disguise because you do not get the rolling shutter effect. It's mechanical shutter without the noise.

IMG_23A198512468-1.jpeg

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back