Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Pat Young
looking for them to get back in stock...I am seeing some great images with it

looking for them to get back in stock...I am seeing some great images with it
I have the 100-500 but I'm also tempted by the RF 800 after seeing so many nice shots with it.

I must admit I don't see much reason to get the 600 other than the minimum focus distance. Maybe I'm missing something?

Nothing to compare with the 600 or 800 Dave. It's a new adventure for me. I have the RF 70-200 f2.8, the 24-105 F4 and the new RF 50 f1.8. The type of photography i do is 90% dogs and the 70-200 is my go to lens with the 24-105 my 2nd choice. So next weekend is breaking new ground and new subject matter for me.

Good luck then! I guess the IQ is the most important thing I would be considering.Can it be that sharp? Seems unimportant but without a lens foot I'll be interested on how you carry it around too.

I am looking forward to trying it out. I take my camera out every day when i walk the dogs and thought I would try this lens as I often see wildlife at a distance. I want to try it out to see if it is worthwhile for handheld, unplanned shots during my walks. To be honest, I bought the R6 and RF lenses mainly for their weight. I used to carry the EF 70-200 Mk 2 on a 5D mk4, and found that the weight was getting a bit much when I was carrying it over my shoulder for several hours.

Weight loss is getting more important to me by the day!! I still have the 500mm f4 Mk2 but I no longer want to carry it for long distances. I'm torn between having a punt on the 800mm which is fairly inexpensive or plumbing for the L quality of 100-500 which by the time you add a 1.4TC is considerably more expensive. looking at the rumoured RF lens roadmap there is nothing there that is going to entice me purely on my expected price they will be!

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back