Wileyone

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
mandy wiley
I have to give a big shout out for the samyang rf lenses. Its great to have an rf mount on more pocket friendly lenses. I have now got the 85mm 1.4 after having the 14mm 2.8 for a while and cant recommend them highly enough for anyone on a budget. I'm not a professional, but the 1st 2 photos taken with 14mm, 2nd 2, with the 85mm.

Attachments

• _68A2713.jpg
    _68A2713.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 69
  • _68A3843.jpg
    _68A3843.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 80
  • 068A3584-Edit.jpg
    068A3584-Edit.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 068A3934.jpg
    068A3934.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 66
Lovely lens but I dropped it attached to my R6. Stupid of me of course. It hit carpeted stairs broke off the camera and fell to bits. Samyang UK were unable to repair it though they did offer a replacement at a discounted price. It's a good lens at a good price but in my opinion not as robust as a Canon lens.

Lovely lens but I dropped it attached to my R6. Stupid of me of course. It hit carpeted stairs broke off the camera and fell to bits. Samyang UK were unable to repair it though they did offer a replacement at a discounted price. It's a good lens at a good price but in my opinion not as robust as a Canon lens.
No not as robust but it's a fraction of the cost so swings and roundabouts. And beautiful blur and very sharp.

That’s a hard one to measure as depending how it hit the ground the canon may have had the same result!

I have both the 85mm and 14mm AF versions and I love them both tack sharp I’d say, these third party lens manufacturers are really given the camera manufacturers a good run for their money. The new crop of lenses from Tamron (G2s) also are in my humble opinion very close to being as good as any Canon version (And not just my opinion if you view many of the reviews on YouTube by some of the experienced chanel makers/ reviewers)

While I am mostly a zoom guy, I also have the Samyang 85mm f/1.4 RF. Fantastic lens and comes VERY close to Canon at less than 1/4 the price.

I also have both Samyang lenses in the RF mount and am very happy with the images produced. It was great to see that they were both recognised by the in camera software of my R6 as Samyang lenses. I invested in a lens station to bring them both up to the latest firmware as there had been reports of some autofocus problems with the IBIS in the R5 and R6. This was easy to do but a shame that you have to buy another gadget to update the firmware. Let’s hope more third party lens producers get on the RF bandwagon soon.

I also have both Samyang lenses in the RF mount and am very happy with the images produced. It was great to see that they were both recognised by the in camera software of my R6 as Samyang lenses. I invested in a lens station to bring them both up to the latest firmware as there had been reports of some autofocus problems with the IBIS in the R5 and R6. This was easy to do but a shame that you have to buy another gadget to update the firmware. Let’s hope more third party lens producers get on the RF bandwagon soon.
Tamron are in the development stages of their RF offerings so be interesting to see what they bring to the party. I have the Tamron 70-200 2.8 g2 EF and its a beaut of a lens. I'm hoping they bring their 15-30 2.8 g2 over to the RF mount.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back