Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Frank J
City/State
SPRING HILL, FL
One thing that drives me crazy is that when I’m trying to take a picture the R7 is in sleep mode and it takes few seconds to wake up. When you are taking pictures of this sport event or wildlife this second are super important. How can I increase that sleep time which is super short!

I have been playing with options under Power Saving options and nothing helps.

Hi...don't have the R7 but the R6 is always almost instant. I half press the shutter button as I'm raising it which I think helps. Most of the commentary around this issue is actually around the brand of SD cards, so if no one comes up with an answer perhaps you could review that.....PB

Hi...don't have the R7 but the R6 is always almost instant. I half press the shutter button as I'm raising it which I think helps. Most of the commentary around this issue is actually around the brand of SD cards, so if no one comes up with an answer perhaps you could review that.....PB
I'm using a Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II Card 64GB, V90, CL10, U3, Max R300MB/S, W299MB/S and a Sony TOUGH-G series SDXC UHS-II Card 32 GB, V90, CL10, U3, Max R300MB/S, W299MB/S. These are good cards.

With my 7D2, I learned to hit the AF button as I raised the camera to my eye from hanging around my neck or resting in my lap. So it was awake by the time I looked through the VF.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back