Canon R5 Canon R5 Images not saved when Shooting Tethered

Mandy

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mandy
Hi,

When shooting tethered, I realized some of the images are not saved to the SD card in my camera, instead these "missing" images are saved only to my laptop.
I am not sure why this happens randomly. Has anyone experienced similar occurrence?

Hasn't happened to me, or at least I haven't noticed. Typical studio/tethered shoot I take ~500-1000 pics so it would be easy to not notice if one is missing though.

How often that happens, like 1 in 10, 1 in 100 or something?

Hasn't happened to me, or at least I haven't noticed. Typical studio/tethered shoot I take ~500-1000 pics so it would be easy to not notice if one is missing though.

How often that happens, like 1 in 10, 1 in 100 or something?
More like once every 200 to 300. When it happens, there will be several images in a row not saved to the card in the camera but saved only to the computer. It will then be back to saving in both card and computer on it own. It is so random, just can't figure why.

More like once every 200 to 300. When it happens, there will be several images in a row not saved to the card in the camera but saved only to the computer. It will then be back to saving in both card and computer on it own. It is so random, just can't figure why.
Since you're using SD instead of CF Express, is it possible you're doing so fast burst that it's not able to keep up? (tethering should be slower than SD though so I would expect that to fail first)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back