Followers
Following
Name
Peter Blacket
City/State
Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
This is my preferred photography. Use R6 and RP both more than capable for me. Have them both set up when photographing storms. R6 has 24/70 L exquisite photos and the rp has a 35mm STM lens is it? That to is ok as long as storm are close enough. Sometimes I swap lenses around.

My question is wanna get better glass on the second camera would the RF 24/105 be a good choice? Saw a second hand RF 50mm primes for about $2300 the other day got snapped up quick but was same price as new 24/105.

All comments welcome
Mt Bryan Storm-7.jpg
  • Canon EOS R6
  • RF24-70mm F2.8 L IS USM
  • 62.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/4 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
First let me say...Outstanding shot. If referring to the RF 24-105 F/4L it is an outstanding lens, but as to whether it would work out better for you then the 35 I cannot answer, as I've never tried the 35. When it comes to the 50 Prime, if referring to the RF version $2300 is to much. B&H has it right now for $2099 ($200 off) with a regular price of $2299. Not sure if this will help, but hope it does to some extent.

I assume lightnings are shot at small aperture (like the above at F11), so spending big bucks wouldn't give you much improvement over other lenses. Since I don't know about the typical shoots for those, I would start thinking from the length angle. Do you usually feel it should be wider or narrower? Get lens for that, which ever way you feel. Even the 24-240mm is great for the money and would give you both wide and long end. 24-105 is decent lens for sure, or if you want to get great event lens at the same time and pony up more money, go for 28-70.

Night shots sometime f2.8 open for 30 seconds. Still learning this caper just a begginerer but storm photography my passion

oh and yeah I know pic aint exactly level was a shit shit hurry up photo

edit will straighten later

oh and yeah I know pic aint exactly level was a shit shit hurry up photo

edit will straighten later
Looks very good to me. I would like to get a shot like that. Well done.

Mt Bryan Storm-2.jpg
  • Canon EOS RP
  • RF35mm F1.8 MACRO IS STM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 6 sec
  • ISO 100

this image with 35mm lens still ok quality. Used spray and pray method above photos all used strike finder worked well.

if this 35mm image was taken with a L prime would have elevated quality even more maybe?

storm photography a tad addictive but man you gotta do some mile at times.

on weekend just gone did 400kms was a bust

I doubt you can notice difference of the 35mm lens and L-version when shooting at F8. The difference is when the aperture is almost open, so around the ~F1.0-F2.8 section.

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back