The Canon EOS R1 may not come until 2024

Welcome to Our Canon RF Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

tpatana

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Tero Patana
Not surprising though, R3 is still quite fresh. Summer of 2024 sounds scary though as I have big event in the summer of 2024, and I doubt I'm high on the Canon's priority list for low-in-stock cameras.

The unnamed (of course) Explorer of Light claims that Canon’s goal is for the Canon EOS R1 is for it to be equipped with an 85mp+ sensor, 24fps mechanical RAW burst and a big bump in sensor dynamic range. All of this sounds terrific, but we don’t think these sorts of things would be known right now outside of the labs and meeting rooms at Canon.

A good source also reached out last week and told us that the Canon EOS R1 may not see the light of day until the 2024 Summer games in Paris, France. If that’s the case, we expect Canon to start talking about the camera some months before the games begin.

PhotoJim58

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
PhotoJim58
City/State
Arcata, Ca.
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Not surprising though, R3 is still quite fresh. Summer of 2024 sounds scary though as I have big event in the summer of 2024, and I doubt I'm high on the Canon's priority list for low-in-stock cameras.

The unnamed (of course) Explorer of Light claims that Canon’s goal is for the Canon EOS R1 is for it to be equipped with an 85mp+ sensor, 24fps mechanical RAW burst and a big bump in sensor dynamic range. All of this sounds terrific, but we don’t think these sorts of things would be known right now outside of the labs and meeting rooms at Canon.

A good source also reached out last week and told us that the Canon EOS R1 may not see the light of day until the 2024 Summer games in Paris, France. If that’s the case, we expect Canon to start talking about the camera some months before the games begin.
I seen this info but I have a gut feeling it will be Ann ounces next year, maybe just hoping.

Latest reviews

• Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
    5.00 star(s)
    Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
    Use this successfully with EFS18-55 and EFS55-250 on both RP and R10. Quick focusing response in either camera. Small enough to fit in a pants...
    • TandemYardsPhotography
  • Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
    5.00 star(s)
    Canon Control Ring Mount Adapter EF-EOS R
    I have the standard and the control ring adaptor , other than the control ring the pro’s are the same but the ability to easily customise the...
    • Rob2563
  • Prime Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM
    5.00 star(s)
    First RF PRIME lens
    This is definitely one of a great lens. I recommend it for people who does portrait photography. I use them in Weddings and Events if I need to...
    • sinbadking
  • Prime Canon RF 600mm F11 IS STM
    5.00 star(s)
    The 600mm f/11 is a viable option not just something to be 'settled for' by people who wanted more
    The tendency for reviewers and 'experts' is to point out that the 600mm f/11 is not as long as the 800 and not as fast as the big and expensive EF...
    • dougsmit
  • Kolari EF-EOS R Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter
    5.00 star(s)
    Review of the Kolari EF-EOS R Drop-In Filter Mount Adapter and drop-in filters.
    After waiting months with no success for delivery of a similar adapter system from a another 3rd-party maker, this spring I purchased the Kolari...
    • Paulie G

* Remove Ads by Becoming a   Pro Member   *