Paul Iddon

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Paul Iddon
This is I believe Trichopsocus brincki - found on the waste bin in the garden which I had just filled with branches from a leylandii conifer - will have come from the conifer for sure. The others are also Psocids - though at the moment I am not able to give a definitive ID on those, but they are likely to be at least 2 different sub-species. The T.brincki was about 3mm long - the others were around just 1mm. Used extension tubes on the LAOWA 60D for the photos.

insect_e_4k.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 1.0-65535.0 mm
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 160
insect_a_4k.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 1.0-65535.0 mm
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 160
insect_b_4k.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 1.0-65535.0 mm
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 160
insect_c_4k.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 1.0-65535.0 mm
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 160
insect_d_4k.jpg
  • Canon EOS R10
  • 1.0-65535.0 mm
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/13
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 160

Paul.

Fascinating shots Paul. You must have very good eyes just to spot these tiny little creatures.

Fascinating shots Paul. You must have very good eyes just to spot these tiny little creatures.

As they move around you realise there is life doing it's thing, it's only when you get the lens on and have a close look do you discover a world so varied and fascinating.

Paul

Cool bugs. Without knowing better, I might suspect that they could be males and females of a single specie. Perhaps the one with the wings is the male.

Cool bugs. Without knowing better, I might suspect that they could be males and females of a single specie. Perhaps the one with the wings is the male.

I'm not enough of an entomoligist to work it out - I'm not clued up or educated enough for that lol, but unlike spiders which are easy to sex, I guess many insects are more difficult. It takes me ages sometimes to even get an ID! But yeah, they are pretty cool that's for sure.

Paul.

I'm always in awe with your images of these tiny insects and your ability to capture them. Great images, and thank you for expanding my knowledge.

I'm always in awe with your images of these tiny insects and your ability to capture them. Great images, and thank you for expanding my knowledge.

Thanks Hali. Hopefully I will continue to give you good reason to look at more in the future. :)

Paul.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back