Thalweg

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Brent Sobotka
I'm thinking it might be fun to try to photograph this comet. However, it seems like it might be rather difficult, at least during this first go-around. Apparently, for those of us in the northern hemisphere, it will be a few degrees above the east-southeast horizon for about 30 minutes before sunrise on the 27th of September and October 2nd. That suggests to me that it could be really beautiful shooting conditions, or extremely difficult shooting conditions that wouldn't be worth getting out of bed for.

What would be the best way to shoot something like this? Wide angle? Zoom? Would an ND filter be helpful to get a really long exposure? I think if it were higher in the sky it would be more straight forward. I'm just not sure how to approach this one. Sometime around October 12th, it should be positioned more to the west. It might be easier to shoot then.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back