Canon R6 I R6 Auto Focus

JJTV

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jeff Jeffares
When using AF and camera focuses on a blade of grass in front of the subject…I press AF(back button) to focus my R6. Then if I need to tweak that focus I used to just turn my focus ring a bit to make it right. Now the focus ring does nothing unless I switch the actual lens to manual. Isn’t there a way to adjust your auto focus manually without switching your lens from AF to Manual? Thanks in advance.

When using AF and camera focuses on a blade of grass in front of the subject…I press AF(back button) to focus my R6. Then if I need to tweak that focus I used to just turn my focus ring a bit to make it right. Now the focus ring does nothing unless I switch the actual lens to manual. Isn’t there a way to adjust your auto focus manually without switching your lens from AF to Manual? Thanks in advance.
When you are set up for back button focus the camera is in manual focus mode when you are not pressing the button on the back.

When you are set up for back button focus the camera is in manual focus mode when you are not pressing the button on the back.
Only if you disable the af on the shutter button. Must admit I don’t trust my eyesight enough to rely on manual focus!

Morning, depending on the lens try AF (4) Lens electronic AF settings and/or AF (5) electronic full time MF

Hope this helps

Only if you disable the af on the shutter button. Must admit I don’t trust my eyesight enough to rely on manual focus!
The R5, and I suspect the R6 and R3, too, feature manual focus aids that let you set the focus location with the touch screen and then shows a box with some tick marks that merge and turn green when the system is focused on the selected spot. You don't have to trust your eyesight. Look at the Manual Focus pages of your manual and learn about MF Peaking and the Focus Guide.

The R5, and I suspect the R6 and R3, too, feature manual focus aids that let you set the focus location with the touch screen and then shows a box with some tick marks that merge and turn green when the system is focused on the selected spot. You don't have to trust your eyesight. Look at the Manual Focus pages of your manual and learn about MF Peaking and the Focus Guide.
You are quite correct but I can’t think when I would need to use it. The camera has so many options that I’ll never need.

For the R5, R6, to do this, you need to set AF4 option "Lens Electronic MF" to either One Shot ->Enabled or One Shot ->Enabled (Magnify). With this you will be able to tweak your AF by twisting the focus ring, while holding down the AF button (either Shutter or AF-On). With the Focus Guide (on AF2) on, you will see 3 triangles coming together and turn green when focused. You will also see the Focus Peaking (AF2) color change if you enabled it.

Edit:
1. Works in One-Shot mode only.
2. OS->Enabled (Magnify) - magnify function does not work if AF Face Tracking is selected. OS -> Enabled display will be shown

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 75

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back