Onesickpuppy

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Rod Jeffers
When I want to do a large print....lets say a 24x36.....and I have a processed file that is saved as a jpg from raw it shows file is at maybe 2.5 meg.
How do I enlarge the file to be a 24 meg file.....or what size should it be for doing the 24x36 print?

For all my large prints I use Topaz Gigapixel AI to create a JPEG at the actual dimensions of the print with 150dpi or higher (depends on what I start with). The latter is the most critical for printing and you should check with the folks printing it to see what they recommend. File size is not a good measure of resolution since it depends largely on image content. Gigapixel does a great job. I recently took a 1500x1000px photo taken with a drone and enlarged it for a 48x32" print on canvas and it came out great.

Topaz allows you to try their stuff for free if you want to give it a shot. Right now (thru the end of the day) everything is 25% off, and if you use this link to go there you'll get another 15% off on top of that. I also use DeNoise AI on just about everything, and there's a bundle with Gigapixel, Denoise and Sharpen AI on sale for $149 (or $127 with the add'l 15%). Gigapixel alone is on sale for $75 so it's like getting one app for free, and Sharpen is very good at fixing slightly soft photos. I love their products.

Last edited:
When I want to do a large print....lets say a 24x36.....and I have a processed file that is saved as a jpg from raw it shows file is at maybe 2.5 meg.
How do I enlarge the file to be a 24 meg file.....or what size should it be for doing the 24x36 print?
After doing my edit in Lightroom I export the file as a tiff file if I am going to print it. I also export as a jpeg for use on social media, etc.

+1 on Gigapixel. I find it better than the new superrez in PS. And you can do more than 2x.

Another +1 for Gigapixel. It works so much better than what PS has to offer. Well worth spending the money for.

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back