Canon R6 I R6 Viewfinder and Strobes

lmbergeson

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Lisa Bergeson
I have the R6 and when I am in the studio using strobes my viewfinder goes black when I push my shutter button half way to focus. I can see my subject in the viewfinder before I press the shutter but then poof all black like it's pitch black in the studio (which it's not, I have enough light to see in the viewfinder). I was playing around with my dogs this past weekend and never knew if they moved or what before I took the shot. Any ideas? I did have someone say to turn off the Exposure Simulation, but then someone commented saying "whats the point of having a mirrorless camera since turning that off just that makes it turn into a DSLR" UGH, I don't know what to do. Thanks!

Turning off Exposure Simulation is precisely what you have to do. Why? Because it's working precisely like it's supposed to. It can't simulate the lighting when the strobe fires, so it shows you what your settings would give you without it. It's kind of the point of a mirrorless camera. And no, it doesn't make it a DSLR, it makes it a more functional tool.

Turning off Exposure Simulation is precisely what you have to do. Why? Because it's working precisely like it's supposed to. It can't simulate the lighting when the strobe fires, so it shows you what your settings would give you without it. It's kind of the point of a mirrorless camera. And no, it doesn't make it a DSLR, it makes it a more functional tool.
Thank you, I did try it last night when I got home from work and by turning it off I got what I wanted. I'll just have to make myself remember to turn it back on when done in the studio :)

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back