What Canon RF lens would you like to be added to the line up?

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Koen Frantzen

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Name
Koen
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The Canon RF lens line up is growing slowly but surely ....
We all must have a special 'wish lens' now not yet in the Canon RF line up/road map.
Personally I would love a compact and lightweight companion to the 100-500, but even more tele-oriented. In my case for bird and wildlife photography.
And also important, it needs to be still 'affordable' in Canon language. So not priced like the RF600/4... etc.
Something like a RF f8/400-800L IS sounds ideal to me... :)
We all have our dreams I'm sure :)

I think a wide angle zoom for the RF-S line would be prudent. They introduced 2 lenses when the R7 and R10 came out but both are at 18mm for the wide end of their zoom range. Something like an 11-22mm or thereabouts would be nice. I have that focal length for my Canon M5 and love it.

I think a wide angle zoom for the RF-S line would be prudent. They introduced 2 lenses when the R7 and R10 came out but both are at 18mm for the wide end of their zoom range. Something like an 11-22mm or thereabouts would be nice. I have that focal length for my Canon M5 and love it.
Good point! I'm sure something like this will be added to the line up. It only makes sense (y)

I like your suggestion for something affordable that is longer than the 100-500. A 400-800 would be great. I would like something faster than f/8 though. For me, my first ask would be lenses that are competitive to Nikon’s PF line (300 f/4, 500 f/5.6, 800 f/6.3) in price and quality. Now that the 135mm is out, I would also like to see more f/1.8 L series primes.

A few years ago I rented an 11-24 f4L for a trip to Iceland and loved it, I have the EF 8-15L which is full frame at 14mm but I do crave a 10-24 ( f4 or f2.8) or similar in RF format.

I like your suggestion for something affordable that is longer than the 100-500. A 400-800 would be great. I would like something faster than f/8 though. For me, my first ask would be lenses that are competitive to Nikon’s PF line (300 f/4, 500 f/5.6, 800 f/6.3) in price and quality. Now that the 135mm is out, I would also like to see more f/1.8 L series primes.
Faster than f8 would be nice indeed, but I fear that faster will make for a heavier lens... The 300 and 500 have not yet been introduced in the RF line up... So I sure hope they will be introduced in early 2023.. and will be super light and small and not too crazy expensive...

A few years ago I rented an 11-24 f4L for a trip to Iceland and loved it, I have the EF 8-15L which is full frame at 14mm but I do crave a 10-24 ( f4 or f2.8) or similar in RF format.
I used the 11-24 once (loaner from CPS) and loved it too. Probably a RF 10-24 or something like that will be around some day...

RF 400mm DO f/2.8. Shorter and Lighter than the RF 400 f/2.8

View Latest Canon RF Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back