What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

I got tired of waiting for the RF 200-800mm lens to come to the stores so I decided to go a different route for now with my hard earned cash. I saw a Street Price special at CanonPricWatch.com on the R6 Mk2, the unadvertised special price was only $1699! Turned out it is through B&H, so a US market camera with full Canon warranty. B&H does have to charge for sales tax to Texas but they included overnight shipping so it will be here tomorrow, final price was $1839. I have enough in my cash stash to get a used BG-R10 vertical battery grip. Found one on Ebay from a store in Japan for $269 in mint condition with original packaging and paperwork (I'm sort of compulsive about that). Only other thing I will get is an Arca Swiss L bracket from Pro Media Gear.

I still plan to get the 200-800mm lens at some point. Going to sell my Canon R, battery grip, L bracket, RF35mm lens which I seldom use, my 800mm f/11 and probably R7 body. That will pay for the lens and then some.

Gah! That's what I paid Canon for a refurbed R6ii! Apparently good things come to those who wait. I found the camera to be impressive. I've enjoyed every outing with it.

I got a new strap over the weekend, a Peak Design Slide Lite, as well as a matching PD Cuff for when I don't need to walk around with the camera over my shoulder. My previous strap has served me well for almost a decade, but it's starting to show some signs of wear, and only cost $10 in the first place, so it doesn't owe me anything at this point. Plus, carrying around a camera and lens collectively worth a couple grand on a $10 strap seemed silly.

Today my BG R10 vertical battery grip arrived from Tokyo, super fast delivery since I only ordered it 2 days ago on Ebay from one of those Japanese sellers with really nice inventory. Got it for $239 which is a real bargain. I quickly attached it to my new R6 MkII and was happy to discover that my Pro Media Gear L grip from my Canon R grip fits this camera grip as well.

Today my BG R10 vertical battery grip arrived from Tokyo, super fast delivery since I only ordered it 2 days ago on Ebay from one of those Japanese sellers with really nice inventory. Got it for $239 which is a real bargain. I quickly attached it to my new R6 MkII and was happy to discover that my Pro Media Gear L grip from my Canon R grip fits this camera grip as well.
I had a similarly good experience with an eBay vendor from Japan when I bought my 2x extender a couple of months ago. Reasonable price, great condition, fast (3 days from Tokyo) and free shipping. All those little things add up to make for a really nice purchasing experience.

I'll chime in too with a good experience from an eBay Japanese vendor. The shipping was a day or two longer than the above posts but still faster than I anticipated.

I'll chime in too with a good experience from an eBay Japanese vendor. The shipping was a day or two longer than the above posts but still faster than I anticipated.
My brother used to travel to Japan quite often. He said when he went to a gas station, they pumped his gas, cleaned all the windows and often gave him a gift like a box of tissues or one time a loaf of bread.

I known on one order for a lens I had 2 years ago from Japan they included some hand lotion and a personalized thank you note!

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back