What Photography Related Item Have You Bought or Sold This Week?

I got tired of waiting for the RF 200-800mm lens to come to the stores so I decided to go a different route for now with my hard earned cash. I saw a Street Price special at CanonPricWatch.com on the R6 Mk2, the unadvertised special price was only $1699! Turned out it is through B&H, so a US market camera with full Canon warranty. B&H does have to charge for sales tax to Texas but they included overnight shipping so it will be here tomorrow, final price was $1839. I have enough in my cash stash to get a used BG-R10 vertical battery grip. Found one on Ebay from a store in Japan for $269 in mint condition with original packaging and paperwork (I'm sort of compulsive about that). Only other thing I will get is an Arca Swiss L bracket from Pro Media Gear.

I still plan to get the 200-800mm lens at some point. Going to sell my Canon R, battery grip, L bracket, RF35mm lens which I seldom use, my 800mm f/11 and probably R7 body. That will pay for the lens and then some.

Gah! That's what I paid Canon for a refurbed R6ii! Apparently good things come to those who wait. I found the camera to be impressive. I've enjoyed every outing with it.

I got a new strap over the weekend, a Peak Design Slide Lite, as well as a matching PD Cuff for when I don't need to walk around with the camera over my shoulder. My previous strap has served me well for almost a decade, but it's starting to show some signs of wear, and only cost $10 in the first place, so it doesn't owe me anything at this point. Plus, carrying around a camera and lens collectively worth a couple grand on a $10 strap seemed silly.

Today my BG R10 vertical battery grip arrived from Tokyo, super fast delivery since I only ordered it 2 days ago on Ebay from one of those Japanese sellers with really nice inventory. Got it for $239 which is a real bargain. I quickly attached it to my new R6 MkII and was happy to discover that my Pro Media Gear L grip from my Canon R grip fits this camera grip as well.

Today my BG R10 vertical battery grip arrived from Tokyo, super fast delivery since I only ordered it 2 days ago on Ebay from one of those Japanese sellers with really nice inventory. Got it for $239 which is a real bargain. I quickly attached it to my new R6 MkII and was happy to discover that my Pro Media Gear L grip from my Canon R grip fits this camera grip as well.
I had a similarly good experience with an eBay vendor from Japan when I bought my 2x extender a couple of months ago. Reasonable price, great condition, fast (3 days from Tokyo) and free shipping. All those little things add up to make for a really nice purchasing experience.

I'll chime in too with a good experience from an eBay Japanese vendor. The shipping was a day or two longer than the above posts but still faster than I anticipated.

I'll chime in too with a good experience from an eBay Japanese vendor. The shipping was a day or two longer than the above posts but still faster than I anticipated.
My brother used to travel to Japan quite often. He said when he went to a gas station, they pumped his gas, cleaned all the windows and often gave him a gift like a box of tissues or one time a loaf of bread.

I known on one order for a lens I had 2 years ago from Japan they included some hand lotion and a personalized thank you note!

Love my R5 and always wanted a backup camera. Now I can say, I love my R5’s! Now that the R1 is coming out soon, the R5’s were on sale here (my bad). The wife can have her shoes and her manicures 😂. I’ll take my camera gear 🤣🤣🤣!

RF 100 2.8 Macro. I'm so excited as I've never really done macro before (aside from 2020)

RF 100 2.8 Macro. I'm so excited as I've never really done macro before (aside from 2020)
You’re going to love that lens! Great for macro but not limited to macro.👍🤣

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back