Your Lightroom Classic Tips and Tricks...

Hi OnlyRF,

A very good tutorial and technique.

In terms of the final section, I've created an adaptive preset which (basically) does a similar thing - slightly popping the subject and un-popping the background - and this generally works very well.

(When I remember to use it... :) ).

Phil

Hi OnlyRF,

A very good tutorial and technique.

In terms of the final section, I've created an adaptive preset which (basically) does a similar thing - slightly popping the subject and un-popping the background - and this generally works very well.

(When I remember to use it... :) ).

Phil

I have been using this method before Adobe Denoise came out and I got idea from Steve. Two step NR technique in LrC and then sending both files to PS to blend. Since LrC 11 I didn't need to do that anymore and with Adobe Denoise it's even better.

I have been using this method before Adobe Denoise came out and I got idea from Steve. Two step NR technique in LrC and then sending both files to PS to blend. Since LrC 11 I didn't need to do that anymore and with Adobe Denoise it's even better.

Hi OnlyRF,

I used to send things through Topaz DNAI twice (different masks/ settings), but very rarely - if ever - find a need to do that anymore.

So many options now - we're spoilt for choice... :)

Phil

Hi OnlyRF,

I used to send things through Topaz DNAI twice (different masks/ settings), but very rarely - if ever - find a need to do that anymore.

So many options now - we're spoilt for choice... :)

Phil
We are.

Not sure of this or a version of this has been posted. Too old to remember. :)

Hi Only RF,

I think we've had a few iterations of 'sky - sky [inverted]', but it's a technique well worth repeating and - like this YouTuber - I have it as an adaptive preset.

(This guy also goes on to look at some other potential use cases, which are rather interesting - I have also this set up for 'subject - subject [inverted]' too).

Phil

Last edited:
Sometimes I'm in the forest and can't see a tree. I've been messing around with this lately. It only works on your import preset or LrC default profile but adds another tool.

Screenshot-2024-02-13-at-9.24.59 am.jpg

This is a pretty good video that quickly covers some of LrC's features. Learned something new with this one.

15 Lightroom Masking Tips, Tricks and Hacks (by Christian Möhrle) can be viewed by clicking Here.

Phil

Latest reviews

• Zoom Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
    5.00 star(s)
    Fast, sharp, and lightweight! A great lens
    This is my main workhorse of a lens and I love it. It's very light weight (only around 2.3 lbs) lens. I've been able to hand-hold it for an event...
    • Crysania
  • Canon EOS R6 Mark II
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic sport camera
    This camera is FANTASTIC. I'm a dog sports shooter, so very fast indoor action with a lot of obstacles to shoot in and around. This camera does a...
    • Crysania
  • Zoom Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM
    4.00 star(s)
    A good lens for what it does, with it's drawbacks
    I have had this lens since it came out and it is my lightweight go to lens for walking around in the city and using my infrared-converted camera...
    • Hali

New in the marketplace

Back